Home » Our Work
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is a one-year budget and planning document that lists the research projects, technical assistance, and other activities the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) staff will undertake over the next federal fiscal year (FFY). These projects provide insight and recommendations to our municipal and regional partners, generate new data, and help shape concepts for the region’s transportation future.
- What is the UPWP?
- ¿QUÉ ES EL PROGRAMA DE TRABAJO DE PLANIFICACIÓN UNIFICADA (UPWP, POR SUS SIGLAS EN INGLÉS)? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- O QUE É O PROGRAMA DE TRABALHO DE PLANEJAMENTO UNIFICADO? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- KISA PWOGRAM TRAVAY PLANIFIKASYON INIFYE A (UNIFIED PLANNING WORK PROGRAM, UPWP) YE? (2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- 什麼是統一規劃工作計劃（UPWP)？(2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- 什么是“统一规划工作计划”(UPWP)？(2020) (PDF) (HTML)
- Recent UPWP Study Reports
- The Current UPWP: FFY 2022
- Developing the New UPWP: FFY 2023
On August 19, 2021, the MPO board voted to endorse the FFY 2022 UPWP (PDF) (HTML). The UPWP includes a list of studies MPO staff will conduct over the next year. The FFY 2022 UPWP was approved by the MPO’s federal partners and took effect on October 1, 2021.
View older UPWP documents and previous studies considered for funding by the MPO in the archive.