Agenda posted before 5:00 PM, February 20, 2020
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Committee Meeting
Transportation Board Room, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
February 27, 2020, 9:00 AM (Estimated duration: 45
minutes, expected ending at
Civil Rights, nondiscrimination, and accessibility information is on page 2.
Please note: This meeting will be followed by a meeting of the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) beginning at approximately 10:00 AM.
2. Public Comments
3. Action Item: Summary of January 23, 2020, Meeting, Sandy Johnston, UPWP Manager: Approval of this meeting summary (posted)
4. Discussion of Updated Amendment Procedures for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2021 UPWP, Benjamin Muller, Massachusetts Department of Transportations Office of Transportation Planning, and Sandy Johnston, UPWP Manager: Update on new federal requirements for UPWP amendments and discussion about the committees recommendation to the MPO for implementing those requirements
5. Initial Discussion of FFY 2021 Universe of Proposed Studies, Sandy Johnston, UPWP Manager: Initial review of study concepts gathered by staff from outreach, partner agencies, and internal discussions (to be posted)
6. Members Items: Reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues
7. Next Meeting: Discussion about the committees meeting date in March
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or email@example.com.
The Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) operates its programs, services, and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations. Title VI prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs and requires that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency), be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity that receives federal assistance. Related federal nondiscrimination laws administered by the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, or both, prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, sex, and disability. The Boston Region MPO considers these protected populations in its Title VI Programs, consistent with federal interpretation and administration. In addition, the Boston Region MPO provides meaningful access to its programs, services, and activities to individuals with limited English proficiency, in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation policy and guidance on federal Executive Order 13166.
The Boston Region MPO also complies with the Massachusetts Public Accommodation Law, M.G.L. c 272 sections 92a, 98, 98a, which prohibits making any distinction, discrimination, or restriction in admission to, or treatment in a place of public accommodation based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or ancestry. Likewise, the Boston Region MPO complies with the Governor's Executive Order 526, section 4, which requires that all programs, activities, and services provided, performed, licensed, chartered, funded, regulated, or contracted for by the state shall be conducted without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background.
A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO or at http://www.bostonmpo.org/mpo_non_discrimination. To request this information in a different language or in an accessible format, please contact
Title VI Specialist
Posted materials are available via the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.