Agenda posted before 4:00 PM, January 11, 2018
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
January 18, 2018, 10:00 AM
(Estimated duration: 2 hour and 25 minutes, expected ending at 12:25 PM)
1. Introductions, 1 minute
2. Public Comments, 5 minutes
3. Chairs Report, 5 minutes
4. Committee Chairs Reports, 1 minute
5. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 1 minute
6. Executive Directors Report, 5 minutes
7. Action Item: Approval of MPO Meeting Minutes, 2 minutes
a. November 16, 2017, Meeting Minutes (posted)
b. December 7, 2017, Meeting Minutes (posted)
8. Action Item: Draft Federal Fiscal Years (FFYs) 201822 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendment 2, Alexandra (Ali) Kleyman, MPO Staff: review of public comments on the proposed amendment to the transit program; vote to approve; 10 minutes (to be posted)
9. Action Item: Draft FFYs 201822 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendment 3, Alexandra (Ali) Kleyman, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of proposed amendments to the highway program; vote to release the draft TIP amendment for public review; 15 minutes (to be posted)
10. Proposed Calendar Year 2018 Highway Safety Targets for the Boston Region, Michelle Scott, MPO Staff, and Bryan Pounds, MassDOT: presentation, discussion, and possible adoption of the proposed set of federally required performance targets pertaining to highway safety for the Boston region; 50 minutes (posted)
11. Bicycle Network Gaps: Feasibility Evaluation, Casey-Marie Claude, MPO Staff: presentation of the study investigating three high-priority gaps in the regions bicycle network: Cambridges Central Square, the Sudbury Aqueduct in Framingham, and the Massachusetts Central Rail Trail (MCRT) in Waltham; 20 minutes (posted)
12. Low-Cost Improvements to Express-Highway Bottleneck Locations, Seth Asante, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the results of this study to identify low-cost improvements that will help reduce congestion at bottleneck locations on Interstate 95 in Lexington; Interstate 93 in Woburn and Reading; and Route 24 in Randolph, Canton, and Stoughton; 25 minutes (posted)
13. Members Items, reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues; 5 minutes
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or email@example.com.
The MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. The MPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, income, religious creed, ancestry, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military service. Any person who believes herself/himself or any specific class of persons to have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI, ADA, or other nondiscrimination statute or regulation may, herself/himself or via a representative, file a written complaint with the MPO. Complaints filed under federal law (race, color, national origin, language, gender, age, disability, or income) must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. Complaints filed under Massachusetts General Law (religion, military service, ancestry, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression) must be filed no later than 300 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO (see above) or at www.bostonmpo.org.
Posted materials are available via the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.