Agenda posted before 1:00 PM, December 14, 2017
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
December 21, 2017, 10:00 AM
(Estimated duration: 2 hours and 25 minutes, expected ending at 12:25 PM)
Please Note: This meeting will be preceded by a Congestion Management Process (CMP) Committee meeting beginning at 9:00 AM
1. Introductions, 2 minutes
2. Public Comments, 8 minutes
3. Chairs Report, 5 minutes
4. Committee Chairs Reports, 1 minute
5. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 2 minutes
6. Executive Directors Report, 5 minutes
7. Action Item: Approval of November 2, 2017, MPO Meeting Minutes, 2 minutes (to be posted)
8. Action Item: Draft Federal Fiscal Years (FFYs) 201822 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendment 2, Alexandra (Ali) Kleyman, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of proposed amendments and adjustments to MBTA transit programming; vote to release the draft TIP amendment for public review; 10 minutes (to be posted)
9. FFYs 201923 TIP Development: Project Evaluation Process, Alexandra (Ali) Kleyman, MPO Staff: presentation of the improvements to the TIP roadway project evaluation process; 30 minutes (posted)
10. Work Plan for FFY 2018 Freight Planning Support, Mark Abbott and Bill Kuttner, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the planned work under this program, which will center on a review of recently released federal data on industrial and logistics geography and continued outreach to local and industry stakeholders; 10 minutes (posted)
11. Planning for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Scott Peterson, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the ways the MPO can be proactive in preparing for the potential implementation of these new technologies, including how to represent their impact on travel behavior in traditional MPO planning tools, such as travel demand models and scenario planning; 40 minutes (posted)
12. Addressing Safety, Mobility, and Access on Subregional Priority Roadways: Route 1A Corridor Study in Wrentham, Mark Abbott and Chen-Yuan Wang, MPO Staff: presentation of the recommended short- and long-term improvements for the corridor between the Wrentham Town Common and the Plainville town line; 25 minutes (posted)
13. Members Items, reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues; 5 minutes
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. The MPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, income, religious creed, ancestry, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military service. Any person who believes herself/himself or any specific class of persons to have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI, ADA, or other nondiscrimination statute or regulation may, herself/himself or via a representative, file a written complaint with the MPO. Complaints filed under federal law (race, color, national origin, language, gender, age, disability, or income) must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. Complaints filed under Massachusetts General Law (religion, military service, ancestry, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression) must be filed no later than 300 calendar days after the date the person believes the discrimination occurred. A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO (see above) or at www.bostonmpo.org.
Posted materials are available via the MPOs meeting calendar webpage at ctps.org/calendar/month.