Agenda posted before 11:00 AM, March 23, 2017
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
March 30, 2017, 10:00 AM
(Estimated duration: 3 hours, expected ending at 1:00 PM)
1. Introductions, 3 minutes
2. Public Comments, 45 minutes
3. Chair’s Report, 5 minutes
4. Committee Chairs’ Reports, 5 minutes
5. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 5 minutes
6. Executive Director’s Report, 5 minutes
7. Action Item: Approval of March 2, 2017, MPO meeting minutes, 2 minutes (posted)
Item: Public Participation Plan, Amendment One, Karl
Quackenbush, MPO Executive Director: discussion on the comments received on the
proposed amendment to shorten the public comment period for certification
21 days; vote to approve, 15 minutes (posted)
9. Selection of Study Locations, Mark Abbott, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the proposed locations for conducting the following two studies: Addressing Safety, Mobility, and Access on Subregional Priority Roadways and Low-Cost Improvements to Express-Highway Bottlenecks; 10 minutes
10. FFYs 2018–22 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development:
a. Draft MBTA Transit Programming, FFYs 2018–22, Alexandra (Ali) Kleyman, MPO Staff, and MBTA Staff; presentation on the MBTA’s proposed selection of projects and programs to be funded with federal transit funds; 20 minutes
b. Staff Recommendation, Ali Kleyman, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the recommended projects to be funded with the MPO’s highway target funding, and information on statewide funded projects; 60 minutes (to be posted)
11. Members’ Items, reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues; 5 minutes
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. The MPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, income, religious creed, ancestry, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military service. Any person who believes herself/himself or any specific class of persons to have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI, ADA, or other nondiscrimination statute or regulation may, herself/himself or via a representative, file a written complaint with the MPO. A complaint must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the date on which the person believes that the discrimination occurred. A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO (see above) or at www.bostonmpo.org.
Posted materials are available via the MPO’s meeting calendar webpage at http://www.ctps.org/calendar/month.