Agenda posted before 11:00 AM, March 9, 2017
Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
March 16, 2017, 10:00 AM
(Estimated duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes, expected ending at 12:30 PM)
Please Note: A Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Committee meeting will follow the conclusion of the MPO meeting, beginning at approximately 1:00 PM
1. Introductions, 3 minutes
2. Public Comments, 10 minutes
3. Chair’s Report, 5 minutes
4. Committee Chairs’ Reports, 5 minutes
5. Regional Transportation Advisory Council Report, 5 minutes
6. Executive Director’s Report, 5 minutes
7. Action Item: Approval of March 2, 2017, MPO meeting minutes, 2 minutes (to be posted)
8. Action Item: Work Program for Title VI Service Equity Analysis: Scenario Testing, Nick Hart, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the proposed work to conduct scenario testing to provide further proof of concept of a methodology using the Modified Transit Opportunity Index for conducting Title VI service equity analyses in the MBTA’s service area; vote to approve; 10 minutes (to be posted)
9. Off-Site MPO Meetings, David Mohler, Chair: discussion of the MPO’s agreed practice to host four meetings a year at locations outside of Boston; 10 minutes
10. Public Participation Plan, Amendment: Review of Comments, Lourenço Dantas, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion on the comments and feedback received thus far on the proposed amendment to shorten the comment period to 21 days; 30 minutes (to be posted)
Fiscal Years (FFYs) 2018–22
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development: Final Evaluation Results
and First Tier List of Projects,
Ali Kleyman, MPO Staff: presentation and discussion of the final evaluations of projects under consideration for federal highway funding, including the ranking of the highest scoring projects (First Tier List); presentation of the MPO target funding availability; and the status of current TIP projects; 60 minutes (to be posted)
12. Members’ Items, reports and notices by MPO members, including regional concerns and local community issues; 5 minutes
Meeting locations are accessible to people with disabilities and are near public transportation. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of the meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language and other languages. Please contact the MPO staff at 857.702.3700 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), 617.570.9192 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. The MPO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, income, religious creed, ancestry, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military service. Any person who believes herself/himself or any specific class of persons to have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI, ADA, or other nondiscrimination statute or regulation may, herself/himself or via a representative, file a written complaint with the MPO. A complaint must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the date on which the person believes that the discrimination occurred. A complaint form and additional information can be obtained by contacting the MPO (see above) or at www.bostonmpo.org.
Posted materials are available via the MPO’s meeting calendar webpage at http://www.ctps.org/calendar/month.